Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Beautiful Day in Craiova!

Last Sunday was a beautiful day here in Craiova. It didn't even seem like autumn, it was too warm! Paul and I wanted to enjoy the beautiful day the Lord provided, so we grabbed our books and headed to the park. Paul spent some time filling his head with theology (Vos, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments), while I spent some time starting a new book (Knowing God by J.I. Packer). Let's just say that Paul hasn't been able to put Vos down since he started reading it! :) Hopefully I will follow him in his determination to finish books! Lately (the last year or so...) I have seemingly gotten distracted as I try to finish books. I know this isn't a horrible thing, and I'm not being legalistic with it, but alas, it's an area I would like to grow! Speaking of which, I actually finished "Keep a Quiet Heart" by Elisabeth Elliot last night! Woohoo! I highly recommend it (Thanks Sarah Duncan for giving up your copy of the book 2 days before we left the country!).

This is the same park we go to frequently, or at least try to go to frequently! Enjoy the photos!









2 comments:

I'm looking forward to seeing "your" park first-hand in the springtime. What a beautiful place to read!
Momma Jules

Love the trees!!! And I'm with you Cris on the not finishing books thing. I'm determined to do so as well. Oh, and nice "Senior Picture" Paul :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites