Friday, June 27, 2008

Backpacking

This week I took the opportunity to go backpacking with Cris. It was great! She survived her first ever backpacking trip! YAY! I think that the Lord was kind. This trip went along without most of the usual happenings of a backpaking trip such as: forgetting the fuel for the stove, stove not working, burning Rocky Top, (really, ask Zach V or Marshall,) downpours, crazy 20 degree nights in late spring or early fall, surprise snowstorms, dry water sources, or even having to make a fire with wet wood. It went amazingly well. We got to enjoy being together in the woods.

One of my favorite parts was this unnamed waterfall on Meigs Creek Trail. We stayed here and had lunch the first day and got to spend time with the Lord. I loved it. Cris did as well. I believe that the Lord met us.

We kept walking and actually spent our second night at the Elkmont campground with my family. It is really strange saying goodbye to family that we won't see for quite some time, potentially years. We've already said goodbye to Cris's family, and we will say goodbye to my family and all of our friends in our church family here in the next couple of days. It's strange. We are actually going to Romania. Crazy! The Lord has clearly been in this so far, so I trust that He will be with us as we go to the other side of the world to serve the church. Please pray that the Lord would continue to show His face to us.

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites