Friday, July 4, 2008

Prayer Requests

Hello everybody. Cris and I would be blessed if you could spare some time to lift the two of us up in prayer in the following areas as we go through our time here.

1. That we would have rich quiet times.

We will be weak if we are not communing with the Lord. We need His grace to enable us to see His face, and if we cannot see Him, we will not be able to show Him to others. So please pray that Cris and I might establish our lives here in Romania with rich fellowship with the Lord.

2. That our communion with the Lord would overflow to our relationship to each other.

We want our relationship with each other to be marked as a relationship between two people who know the Lord, and not merely two people. The Lord needs to be around us and the effects of Him need to be discernable in our interactions with each other.

3. That we would be more God-focused.

We have spent most of our time here either trying to learn Romanian or taking care of details with the help of our Romanian friends. Often in the midst of secular activities We loose our focus on the Lord. I want to be more aware of Him throughout the day!

4. That we would not learn Romanian motivated by either pride or fear of man.

This has been a struggle for us either fearing people because we are not progressing learning Romanian or being proud because we are learning so quickly. We want to learn Romanian because laboring to learn this language will help us spread the gospel, and I think will glorify the Lord.

5. That Cris and I would not lack fellowship with each other.

This is similar to #2, but Cris and I desire to be having intentional fellowship with each other. We desire God-focused conversation, not merely conversation. Please pray for special grace for me to lead in this area.

6. That the Lord would give me favor in my first evangelistic opportunity here in Romania tomorrow.

Some of the guys are going to play soccer with some non-believers tomorrow evening at 7 (noon EST) with the purpose of building relationships with the guys that we meet. I ask that the Lord might give me favor with those that I meet, so that actual relationships may be formed.

Thank you everyone.

-Paul

3 comments:

It's so exciting to hear you all are doing well! It's so neat that our reaction to you guys being there for the sake of the gospel, can be filled with joy and anticipation, rather than fear or anxiety, because we have a faithful and loving heavenly father! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we're thinking and praying for you guys!

I will definately be praying for both of you in that God would be most glorified by giving you all pleasure in himself. (hah - vinegar, who knew!)

Oh yeah! To be selfish: I got a B+ in the first 6 hours of French! Woot!

i just added this to my google reader, so I can keep up with the latest! :D what a JOY and PRIVILEGE to pray for you guys! I can't wait to see the faithfulness of God to to answer and move mightily on behalf of His glorious name and the good of His people. we love you guys!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites